Thread: Screen Names.
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 09:34 AM   #16
The Minister Saint-Fond

Hiya campers!

My screen name goes back to the excessively horny days of my early 20s. I was just getting to know the internet then (remember the mid to late 90s when the internet was still kind of new?) and I quickly learned that most of the people who liked to cyber were in the "Bondage" chat on MSN. Now, under normal circumstances, I'm not a big fan of "bondage" stuff. I mean, a pair of handcuffs now and then can be fun, but genereally speaking, anything that even sort of smacks of non-consentual sex turns me off and right quick. But! To reiterate, that's the chat with the people who cyber and Necessity is the Mother of Invention. So I chose the name "Minister Saint-Fond" from a famous book called Juliette by the Marquise de Sade.

Now, I have a horriblle memory. And I certainly wasn't going to remember a name and password to sign in as "MSF" for that room and "Ramp_it_up42" for the music room and this for one BBS and that for another BBS. So I decided that few enough people have made it through the lengthly and challenging (to the stomach, not the mind) books of the Marquise de Sade that I could just keep the same name everywhere and no one would know the difference.

As it turns out, I was right. Most people ask if I'm a preacher. To this day, I still find it amusing. Thus, Laziness has branded me forever as "The Minister Saint-Fond" online. Kind of unromantic, isn't it?