View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 10:06 AM   #34
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Goth isn't a minority in the sense that being black, Hindu, or a woman is. If you don't like being harrassed for being a goth, you can change it with ease. Honestly, it isn't as important as other true minorities are.
You could discriminate against people with short hair, but that doesn't make them a minority.
Sure, but then, what is the exact difference between a minority and a harassed group?
Women are discriminated, but they're not a minority (in fact, I think there are more women than men in the world- the number is not significant, but it's slightly bigger I think). If you put black, asian, and latino people together, for sure there are bigger in number than white people; and yet they're discriminated.
I'm not saying that our problems are as big as the ones those groups have... but yet, isn't the underlying problem the same? Fear for what is different?

And we still are subculture. Sub-CULTURE. I think I didn't manage to make myself understood, but what I meant was more in the lines of "are we different enough from the stablished society as to be considered a group apart from it?".
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote