View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 12:00 PM   #55
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae Ven Rae
minority:

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
mi·nor·i·ty /mɪˈnɔrɪti, -ˈnɒr, -maɪ-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mi-nawr-i-tee, -nor, -mahy-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, plural -ties, adjective
–noun
1. the smaller part or number; a number, part, or amount forming less than half of the whole.
2. a smaller party or group opposed to a majority, as in voting or other action.
3. a group differing, esp. in race, religion, or ethnic background, from the majority of a population: legislation aimed at providing equal rights for minorities.
4. a member of such a group.
5. the state or period of being under the legal age of full responsibility.
–adjective
6. of or pertaining to a minority.

The solution is simple.

Be yourself.

People dont like it --tough.

They give yah grief-- give it back. That is the answer. It has always been the answer.

There are so many ways a man can be enslaved, spiritually and mentally as well as physically. Just because slavery isn't physical doesn't make it any less horrid.

Do you think this is just about a choice in clothing?

No.

It is about a choice in expression.

Take that away and you take away a persons right to simply "be".

So the solution.

Be yourself.

Period.

I won't change the way the world reacts -- I can only do what makes me happy --

No matter what choice you make in life, someone won't like it.

All I am saying hun is be yourself DESPITE the ugliness that society may give you -- to not care. That is the solution.

Being enslaved in the mind is just as bad as being enslaved in the body.
First of all, that definition proved me right, considering the correct definition for this instance would be #3. If a minority were the smaller part, women would not be a minority. you and I know that's just silly.

Secondly...Everything you said I agree with. I don't think you understand my point at all. You should be yourself, you should be happy in that. I agree with that.

That was part of my point all along. What I said was, be yourself, people aren't going to like it. If you can't take it, too bad. Then, you should change. See what I mean? I don't mean to say, change so you fit in. Nope. Change if you can't deal with the shit.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote