View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 02:03 PM   #41
Death

Hail All!
Just a quick one this as I need to get to bed shortly, but thought that I'd make a contribution after quickly skimming this thread. :-)

I'm another Aspie - I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome (Often shortened to AS) about three years ago. I was initially prescribed a low (500ug) daily dosage of Haloperidol, but gave that up shortly afterwards as I was getting Cannabis-esque side effects. :-O

Since then, I've been forging my own way through life and seem to be doing okay-ish...Although the rigours of normal day-to-day life pose no problem for me at all, it's the things that matter most to me (Keeping a job, making friends, finding love etc.) that I'm forever messing up on! :'-(

Strangely enough (For someone with Aspergers anyway) I find that I am able to go for nights out on my own or with friends, and never seem to have any of the anxiety problems that most Aspies are said to have...So after what ChildOfDarkness mentioned about him/herself, I may take a peek at what Wikipedia says for Semantic Pragmatic Disorder to check for the (Very remote) possibility that my diagnosis is incorrect, as I have sometimes wondered if it's actually Aspergers that I have... :-O

On more minor issues: I'm also prone to OCD-like behavior, have something of a paranoia with certain social situations (Possibly due to the AS), and tend to use obscene language a lot. (Although I don't honestly think I have Tourette's Syndrome.)

Farewell...
>> Death <<
Death is offline   Reply With Quote