View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 03:51 AM   #7693
Ben Lahnger

I believe the thought of naked Sanctus, would inspire almost anyone to keg-humping. I know it has that effect on me!

Nyquil, I like the new avatar!

BTW, my opinion is - go to church with your parents. Enjoy the oportunity to spend time with them, doing something that is important to them. Almost all time we spend with others is some kind of compromise between what we want to do and what they want to do. In this instance, you ignore the fact that this doesn't coincide with your particular belief system and focus on the opportunity to spend the quality time with them. The rest of the day will be worth it.

And if you can avoid it, never trouble them with your different beliefs. You'll only make them sadder ... it's not likely they'll ever truly understand. And there will be no postive result of telling them, other than the shallow self-satisfation of expressing your own truth. It has been my experience that keeping that truth to yourself and letting your parents enjoy their later years in ignorant bliss is beneficial to all concerned.

Oh, and I am not a morning person, but getting up early is good for everyone once in a while. Make sure you check out all the birds waking up in the morning and chirping to greet the dawn. When I go outside and immerse myself in the experience, it sounds like such a cheerful sound.

Of course, it could end up that hearing that much cheerfulness that early might cause you to feel homicidal. I don't know.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick