View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #131
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Thus fucking concludes the complete extent of ****-chat I'm willing to entertain. You want to disagree, and think of rapists as mentally healthy people you go right the fuck on without me.
**** isn't mainly perpetuated by people with MI, its usually fuckers who know its wrong and don't care that they're violating the person of the other because they don't see their victims as full people, and think their own whims are more important than the rights and bodily autonomy of another. Last time I checked an overblown sense of entitlement to use the bodies of others isn't a symptom of any mental illness. So yeah, not mentally ill, they're assholes.

Quote:
A larger population pool is inherently more likely to have outliers.

Some quick and dirty autism stats.
Overall: 1 in 88 U.S. kids have autism
Boys: 1 in 54
Girls: 1 in 252
Non-Hispanic white children
Non-Hispanic black children
Hispanic children: 1 in 127

Now obviously 1 in 88 people isn't a mass fucking murderer so hopefully that will head off all the "Not everyone with autism is a killer" whining that will inevitably follow regardless. If some very small subset of an already small subset is predisposed when other, external conditions are met, then it makes sense that more will be likely to manifest from the larger pool. You know how like 1% of a large number is "bigger" than 1% of a smaller number? It's kind of like that.
Your shitty, unsourced stats mean nothing. We don't know how that data was collected and you did a piss poor job explaining what it is even supposed to mean.

It is incredibly unfair reduce some one to a mental illness, when such a thing seems to be coincidental to what has happened. It is not shared across the board with those who have committed similar acts. What is shared, is that the perpetrators are mostly male, white and in their 20s-early 30's. Love how you don't want to actually address those sorts of things, even though they share a stronger correlation than any single mental illness.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote