View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #6
Corpsey

Infuriating. For a supposed Christian Organisation, they seem to be as far from following Christ as possible. I knew this sort of thing went on through Unicef but this is something worse than I imagined.

Quote:
Even with Jesus (or maybe especially so), one need just follow the money for proof. Franklin Graham serves as president and CEO of both organizations. Samaritain's Purse pays Franklin Graham $616,665 a year. Apparently, Jesus approves of Graham's work as, despite an economic implosion, that is an increase from the $416,987 he received in 2008. That also does not count Graham's pay from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, which puts the man of God's income well over $1 million a year. He recently received a 21% increase in compensation, even as his charity laid off 10% of its workforce. (It's assumed Jesus will provide for them.)
& This

Quote:
Hear that, Haitians? Better convert if you want part of the $11.5 million USAID gave World Vision for shelter building, rubble clearing and salvaging work in Haiti. Of course, Franklin Graham signed the letter as well. A journalist I spoke with, who is currently in Haiti, told me about a Haitian pastor who directs much of Samaritan's Purse work in Grand Goâve. He just built a new beach house, where he hosts Samaritan's Purse missionaries.
Were the worst for me to read out of a plethora of disgusting quotes to mention about these people. The Bull these people are doing is maddening.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote