View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #77
Chris_Morey

I've read (and finished) both the extended and regular editions of The Stand and I never found it to be too preachy at all. In fact, many King fans consider it his best work (though it's not his favorite of his own).

Thank you Desp, we will be flying out to New York in June to accept the award, it's very exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I'm delirious with gravol so humour me. I get super mad at Stephen King when I spot cliches, and he writes so much crap, but The Shining novel was really good, so was Misery and to an extent Dolores Claiborne (I hate how in his books abusive husbands/boyfriends are just eeeeeevil to the core, and one dimensional, but otherwise its good) Duma Key was good although a few things were reeeaaally predictable (like who's going to die), and his short story Everything's Eventual is probably my favourite short story ever. He's by no means my favourite author and I think with him, he gets an idea and just rolls with it even if its a repeat, I think he just really enjoys writing, so sometimes its good, and sometimes its like he just wrote it for the hell of it.

If I ever find the time I'm going to try this out, and try to make a romance story between a girl and a elf, and make elves the new vampires.

PS. Desp, I wouldn't recommend The Stand for you. It gets extremely preachy half way through. Think of what a tolerant hippie I am and trying to imagine how preachy it has to be for me to be pissed off and give up the book.
Chris_Morey is offline   Reply With Quote