View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004, 02:50 PM   #959
Maimy

Whoa.

I did NOT mean to get myself into this group shot, but ...

Hi. I'll be the cheerleader in the front with the pompoms in front of me.

The grin? It ain't real, folks.

Coma, love, you are an interesting sort. I always thought so. I never knew Priest, so am hard put for comparison. That guy left the boards around the time I came along. So I didn't know him, except to hear bits and scraps about this guy two women here had, ah, dealt with in some dramatic ways or other.

Then Comatoast showed up, and hell, the name just cracked me up. We got along. I thought he was neat.

You'll notice I don't refer to any of these personae as "you", eh?

Because, when I found out that one was the other, and that Comatoast had never honestly existed as a separate entity - I'll admit this for all the world, I felt like I was short one skirt in a classroom in 1976. Naked as in the dreams you have about being bereft of clothing.

Stupid?

Sure.

Pointless to take ANYTHING online personally?

Absolutely.

But, in all technical truth, I'd been lied to. No malice in that - not towards me.

But for you to come in as a stranger, enjoying your clean slate?

Well, dude, not for nothing, but ... what could you possibly have been expecting? I have this feeling that 'happily ever after' was one possible denoument you had in mind. It's impossible to imagine anyone playing such a role without some idea that it'd work out in the end.

And I'm struck that, all the while, both EPS and OTFW were going into threads like "What makes you totally, mindlessly weak" and BOTH of them posted "truth" over and over. "Honesty". Often.

Dude, you had to see all that.

Yet you kept feeding us Comatoast.

Which is fine, and I get it.

But ... to ask those you profess to be closest to - women who have both, separately and together, named HONESTY and TRUTH as their greatests hopes in life - to not notice that?

I don't wanna go all Oprah on you, man, but - that is unrealistic at its most innocuous.

Leaving out that you lied to an entire message board full of people and not one of us has called you out for it ...

Leaving out that we almost LOST EPS over this, and I think it was touch-and-go with OTFW at one point ...

Um.

What could you have been thinking?

That is asked in all seriousness.

Because you aren't dumb enough to get away with expecting me to think that you had no clue about CONSEQUENCES.

And now, to go pose for a less populated picture and try to take myself out of this one ...