View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 09:08 AM   #7
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey View Post
I didn't know the Vatican had its' own police force. That's all I gained from this really.
They have had one form or another of security for hundreds of years. The Swiss guard for example, arnt just there so people can look at their oddly colored uniforms, back in 1527 for example when Rome was being sacked(again), they successfully protected Clement VII allowing him to escape. Also while they dont really ever have to use them, they do have a well stocked armory with MP5s, SIG SG 550, SIG P225, and they most certainly have the training to use them. Apparently back in 06 to celebrate 500 years of service to the Vatican a group of veteran guards even went as far as marching all the way from Switzerland to the Vatican on foot.

They used to have more than just the swiss guard serving as a vatican military force but they have all since been disbanded. They do have a normal security force known as the Corpo della Gendarmeria dello Stato della Città del Vaticano(it's a mouthful) who fullfill a police role in the Vatican.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote