View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #43
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharis View Post
^This. I can't even with that. What's going around Facebook and the media is why I'm not generally out about my psychiatric history + PTSD or my autism.

People are glossing over the gun issues by concern trolling about healthcare (through the false, emotive and intellectually lazy linking of psychiatric disability to violent acts) and in the process perpetuating harmful myths and stigma in the community.

I've only skimmed this thread, but you seem to have covered most of everything else I was going to say.
'In a situation where there exists mutually exclusive positions A and B, a concern troll is someone who supports A but professes to support B around genuine supporters of B. However, they express their "concerns" about aspects of position B in order to sow doubt and uncertainty amongst genuine supporters of B.'

How exactly are people "concern trolling" on this one?

The shooter in this recent Connecticut tragedy was a troubled person, apparently struggling for years with social and emotional problems. Your take is that all of that is just a coincidence, and had nothing to do with the loss of life last week?
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote