View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #5480
Solumina

I'm working at a place called The Wedding Ring Shop, it's a locally owned high end jeweler. Most of what I'm doing right now is customer service, greeting people when they come in, getting them coffee or tea, pairing them up with a sales associate, and of course wiping down the counters every 15 minutes because smudges make the jewelery look less pretty. Soon I'll also be processing paperwork for financing, insurance, that kind of stuff. Our most important function as concierge is to contain the crazy-ness that is our sales team, which is why we assign a sales rep to a client, we don't just let whoever comes over fastest because while they are for the most part really nice people they are like sharks that smell blood in the water when a client comes in, which is also why our desk is right outside the entrance to the sales floor, people don't go in until we know who we are going to take them to. I mean I don't blame them, they work on commission and with one good sale they can earn what I make in a week (and I'm not complaining about what I make, we just have some really high ticket items), I'd probably be a little aggressive too.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote