View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #24
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
So what if there's a whole 30 fucking seconds of ad before you view a clip. A CLIP YOU GET TO VIEW FOR FREE. I could maybe understand if youtube was a service you actually had to pay for but you don't. A shitty little advert that lasts all of 30 seconds is a small price to pay for the countless hours of entertainment that youtube provides.
When I get stuck in a video game I Google a video walkthru of the specific spot. You used to be able to go right to YouTube and watch a clip of how someone else did it and use it as a guide.

These days almost half of the clips are fake. They might be labeled as CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS LEVEL 7 - MOUNTAIN PASS - but when you click on it a feckin ad pops up. The clip I want to see is under 10 seconds, it is just supposed to be a quick clip of a troubled spot, but now I have to sit through 30 seconds of Pepsi ads waiting for my clip as I sit with my XBox paused. When I do get through it, it's not a game walkthru at all, but text on the screen that says 'VISIT WWW.FREESPACE.RU/COD FOR GAME WALKTHRU VIDEOS'.

Not only did I waste 30 seconds, I got nothing for it. A quick search produces four or five more of the same. No video clips, just mislabeled clips pointing me to other websites with 30 seconds of ads at the front.

The new thing now is posting bogus game clips from like E3 and other game conferences. Clips claiming to be the new scenes from some upcoming game that was just debuted, yet when you open it you get a 30 second ad and then text telling you to visit some site, which if you do asks for your personal details to setup an account.

I stand by my previous complaints.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote