Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #8334
BourbonBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I was talking with Saya about how the director of the FBI sent a letter to N.W.A.'s studio and it made their music really accessible and mainstream because people knew it was something that they weren't supposed to have and that made them want it more. Exhibit A: Fuck tha Police.

But before I could present exhibit A, I noticed that there was a cover of it. I didn't know there were covers! Awesome, right? And then I listened to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.W.A.
Comin straight from the underground
Young nigga got it bad cuz I'm brown
And not the other color so police think
They have the authority to kill a minority
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE
comin' straight from the underground
Motherfucker got it bad 'cause I'm loud
I'm not a carbon copy, so police think
They have the authority to kill a minority

And it continues throughout. They take a famous song about racial inequality in the justice system and made it about being picked on for dressing like a jackass.

Awesome.
Considering it's a bunch of dudes in dreadlocks who can butcher even an 80's remake of "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" I'm not surprised. Normally I don't rely on Amazon reviews, but I think this guy summed up their sound pretty well.

Quote:
Dear Lord, My IQ must have dropped at least 10 points for listening to this album. The good news however is that judging from the lyrics on this album my IQ would still be at least 100 points higher than Edsels.
http://www.amazon.com/American-Apath...owViewpoints=0

But yeah, adding that "Parental Advisory" sticker did nothing but make a lot of groups popular back then. Even in high school I still picked groups that had that sticker on the label, simply because I felt like I was breaking the rules listening to it. Funny thing was, my parents never gave a shit about that and would laugh about it.

And fuck those naysayers Fruity, your family deserves healthy time together.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote