View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #16
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea and Cake or Death
Yep. HE'S RIGHT. This country is going to hell in a handbag. I mean, I am glad I grew up when I did. I feel sorry for the children of today. They are missing out on a LOT of good experiences because their parents are afraid of the small chance that the child might hurt it's self. FUCK IT! It's what kids do! I am sick of the government being like another fucking parent! I am angry at the whole world around me, and the fuckers that own it. I agree with this guy.... although...in some parts he gets...sketchy.
I was just about to post an identical post.

I remember riding bikes without a helmet. I remember when you could buy fireworks legally. I remember when you could go to the mall without having to have ID on you. I remember when cops couldn't search your house without a warrant. I remember when torture was illegal. I remember when there were no CCTV cameras on every corner. I remember when you could go get on a plane without having to pre-book a ticket. I remember when you could bring your own bottle of shampoo on the plane in your luggage. I remember when you could have a few drinks and still drive home legally. I remember when you could smoke in a bar.

I could go on for hours like this.

Luckily, I'm back living in Ireland and I still can do many things that have now been deemed illegal in America.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote