Thread: Recipe Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #9
Platina

This is something I came up with out of the blue one day, and it doesn't have a name...yet. I'm still trying to think of ways to improve it, so right now, it's not exactly finished. Here's what I came up with so far.

Spaghetti of any choice (I do NOT recommend angel hair pasta, or it'll be mushy)
Alfredo sauce. Ragu is recommended, and any flavor (roasted garlic or otherwise) of your choice
Pouched or canned salmon
Canned baby shrimp
Canned crab (Optional)
Dried oregano & basil flakes
Chili powder
*You can add any other seafood you wish. I just listed the stuff I always use. Canned crab tends to have hard shell bits, so I rarely use it. Substitutions can be used.

If you make this for yourself, then cook whatever amount of pasta you want, and to your liking. Add salt if desired before or during the boiling process. After it's been cooked, drain and put back in the pot once the inside of the pot has cooled, otherwise, you may end up with bits of dried out pasta. Add the fish, shrimp, and crab into the pot. Pour your desired amount of sauce into it, then add your desired amount of oregano, basil, and chili. Mix it up as well as your able, but be careful not to mash the noodles. Serve onto a plate, and enjoy.

If you make this for more than one person, then double the amount of ingredients listed to whatever suits you. This dish also makes great leftovers, say, you want to have some for work. Then put the leftovers in a storage container, leave it in the fridge, and it's ready for you the next day. Heating isn't recommended since it'll dry out, but it tastes great when it's chilled.

The taste may or may not appeal to everyone. I have a huge thing for seafood, so it tastes great to me. Just give it a try, is all I can tell you.
Platina is offline   Reply With Quote