View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #19
BourbonBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyth Von Gore View Post
I heard about this happening. As I understand it, Obama's pissed off at the House of Representatives for pulling this shit.
Excuse my language, but fucking God damned Republicans. I know I'm from Scotland and none of this really affects me personally, but God dammit I have family over there and what affects them affects me.

I honest to Gods would have thought some Americans would LIKE the idea of Obamacare, but apparently not. Because no one wants to save lives, oh no. Screw paying for mammograms and smears and other life saving procedures like abortions. Screw paying for birth control so that girls don't have to worry about condoms splitting.
Screw paying for someone's important heart surgery so they won't die in three years.
That's the whole impression I'm getting from the republicans and their supporters. If you can't pay, you die.
And here was me thinking America was a Democracy. Sure, it's a Democracy, but only if you have money.

Sorry for the rant. I just hate how some people can be so greedy that they'd rather people died than gave them healthcare for free.
It's more than that. Part of the ACA also ensures that an insurance company can't just drop you if you get a lifelong condition (i.e. diabetes) nor can you be denied if you already have a pre-existing condition.

However, here's the reality of the politics in the U.S. The right wingers have done everything they can to try to implement their way of government, even when they've slowly been losing supporters across the country. How is that possible you may ask? It's simple, really.

As long as they hold the majority of seats within a state senate while in office they can redraw the maps to fit their ideological bent. In fact, several politicians have openly admitted to doing just that. Don't believe me? Check out the state of Texas.

Source --->http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/08/10/texas...just-politics/

While they claim it's not about race, I call bullshit. Where I live, Hispanics account for +/- 55% of the population, African Americans +/- 8%. (Source ---> http://www.texas-demographics.com/be...y-demographics) Yet the county was carved up in the recent redistricting for voting. You can practically see who lives where when looking at the most recent voting district maps. The county I live in is in the lower left. The other smaller maps on the sides demonstrate the other major metropolitan areas.

BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote