View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
Splintered

What Good Did you Do in the World Today?

I had an idea.

A lot of people are really negative. They don't take things that they do as good seriously. They believe that they're just fucking up the world, and that they're not contributing everything they should be.

So the idea of this thread, is to put something good that you did today. If you helped an old lady cross the street, built a house for children, etc, etc, then tell what good you did.

Remember, it's not a competition.

Today, I kept a promise. I swore to my girlfriend I would give her a call, even though it's a long-distance, high-phone-usage-time of the day, and kept it, even though she would have understood if I didn't..

I also helped out a kid understand his job a bit better. At the local fast food resturant, I ordered two combos (Different burgers, both with fries). Like always, I just listed off "1" and "6". The kid charged me for just the burger, and insisted that was the way things were handled.

I could have gotten upset, and thrashed the little bastard, but being a somewhat regular at the place, I told him how the system worked in a calm manner, since he was new there. He thanked me for the tip, and we all got on our merry way.

So.
What good did you do today?