Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 02:40 AM   #7957
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
I would honestly hope that if I ended up with cancer that I couldn't treat that my loved ones would have enough sense to put a bullet in my head and in my heart. Make it count, and make it quick.

That's just me though.
Oh bloody hell, I actually agree with this ^, except I'd put the bullet in myself because i'd hate for anyone to live with having to do this.

I know death is a process, but i watched my mother die slowly. Sure the cancer had eaten away at her bowels, and she had no control over her bodily functions, but she was still suffering, and if she hadn't stopped taking her medication, she would never have had a stroke that finally ended her suffering. She would cry almost all the time with the pain she was in. The doctor wasn't interested in pallative care, plus they lived in a rural area, so there was no support systems in place.

But then I'm the sort of person who would rather see an animal shot than watch it go through an agonizing death.

Ape: I had a hellofa time when my mother was dying, trying to balance my ex pschyo shithead who thought that visiting my dying mother every week was a waste of his time (he wouldn't let me go on my own). I did manage to make her last year bearable, but being the only one in my family to make the effort, was personally devastating.

**fucking migranes**

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote