Thread: Karma
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #69
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!
This thread REALLY disappoints me. I Think people are just mean to Bellla because they like jumping on the fucking bandwagon. While it is true that she may not of thoroughly articulated her points, thought, etc it doesn’t give right for such mean replies. Its like “ooh gee my day sucked ass, I think I’ll be a dick at someone who doesn’t really deserve it.”
Chill out people PLEASE!! Its not that big of a deal.

I’m not sure if this is exactly what she meant but this is how I picture it (it reminded me of this):
Gods don’t “exist” on their own. It is the collective beliefs of humans which give them form. The image or idea that all of these people push their energy into begins to actually effect the universe (in physical manifestations). If one believes in something one gives that thing more power. The more you focus your thought and energy onto something the more it can effect you. Even if one doesn’t believe in God (speaking of the Christian god now) this theory acknowledges that it (God) effects the physical universe. Things happen because of God all the time. And its not that it is some omnipotent original consciousness. Its not that God independently exists and bends the world to its will, but that through human belief and power a sort of energy pool, if you will, is formed. Those that believe in it and contribute to it (even if they don’t realize that they create god) are more likely to be effected by it.
Even if God doesn’t exist in “reality” he/it/she/they exist in the minds and hearts of many humans. So through these people the physical world is effected by God. Everything and anything a human believes in exists, and can effect the world.

“ We have created god in our image as much as he has created us.”
At some point, reality trumps belief. The world is full of things that exploit false beliefs to the very real harm of the believer. Perception might interpret reality, but it does not create it. If I put my hands over my face, you don't stop existing.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote