View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 02:09 PM   #25
triggerhappi26

3 stories running simultaneously to fight off writers block, it's extremely rare for me to be stuck on all 3 at once.

One is my first ever graphic novel, well second in a series that I'm hoping will end at 13 books. It is hard because I'm not a very good artist, pretty much learning more and more techniques as I go which means maybe the last book will look decent that I can then redo the others, who knows. It's about this circus basically, that has been trapped cursed, (gypsy curse) The psychic tells the ring master that to break the curse he must collect 3000 souls in return for those within the circus, it's debatable whether the ringmaster truly is "evil" or just consumed with his own freedom. Each chapter is actually a short story based around a certain aspect of the circus, (fire breather, clown, magician, side show attractions etc.) each of these short stories surrounds two particular characters however, the "heroes", Always trying to prevent this corruption that is absorbing the circus. It's a horror/psychological thriller about a descent into madness and the consuming evil in humanity, though most people would probably just read it for the gore, oh well.

The next is a familiar story one of a wind up doll who grows to feel, with the inability to speak she sees more than anyone should, incestuous acts, filicide. She then flees her creators home as the body of the lady of the house's infant is found and the lady places blame on the doll. Now into the world the doll goes searching for her voice, facing a constant struggle of finding a way to keep wound up. This may be my first story with a classic happy ending, we'll see, I have two endings in mind that are possible.

The rd and final one is an almost science fictional fantasy, sci fi is a genre I've not tried before so it'll be interesting where it goes. It's very steam punk, a future world, but with a setting out of the Victorian era. I'm constantly trying to hit one of my themes that doesn't quite tie into the story until right at the end, that theme is class devision, I'm looking to crumble a society >:}. But the main story is actually more about Fae, some of the stories integrated are really myths and legends that I was told as a kid. Out of all three this one is not shaped as clearly, and subject to change.
triggerhappi26 is offline   Reply With Quote