View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 06:08 AM   #14
drgnlvr

Note: This is an incomplete scene (sorry). I'm having a problem with completing it, as it just seems to go nowhere. But if anyone has any suggestions on how to procede, I would love to hear them!!!! At the end of the excerpt, you will see what I'm needing to accomplish. Thanks in advance!

A voluminous, fortyish redhead ascended the stairs to Cass’ apartment with a purposefulness that brooked no question. The two young men banging away at the new door frame jumped out of her way, without a word, as she blustered by with a nod, a smile and an enormous tapestry covered bag in her hands.

Andrea, the owner of The Bohemian, never bothered to knock or even to announce her arrival. She just went straight to the kitchen, where she found Cass yelling into the phone with one finger jammed in her other ear.

“What do you mean I have to get the doctor to call in the script?” Cass said.

She glanced up, saw Andrea, and waggled her fingers in greeting. The other woman said nothing, just helped herself to the coffee. She sat at the small, café-style table, and dropped the bag on the floor next to her with a resounding thump.

“I have three more refills to this, and I need it today.” Cass listened to the person on the other end of the line. She shook her head, and rolled her eyes at Andrea. “Look, it’s not my fault you screwed up the records—“

Andrea heard an audible click. Cass blinked, and jerked the phone from her ear. She looked at it as if it had suddenly grown teeth, then shut it off, and laid it on the counter. She looked at Andrea, bemused. “She hung up on me.”

Andrea snickered in her coffee cup. She jerked her head in the direction of the door. “Finally decided to get that thing replaced?”

Cass filled a cup for herself, and sat down at the table. She sat there silently, taking a sip of the hot liquid. “I was forced to,” she said, finally.

The older woman cocked a brow, inviting Cass to continue.

((Table until later))
**Andrea suggests that Cass is not hallucinating (missing one dose will not make her start hallucinating)**
**Suggests Cass see a friend of hers who is a psychiatrist**