Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 04:04 AM   #7093
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
I keep thinking of the terrible comment my friend said to me a while back. She said something like "Women who claim not to shave because they don't care what men/people think are actually just lazy." Recently I've been busy so shaving my body hair off has been number 300 on my priority list. I don't give much of a shit, if I had the time to take a long bath and relax I might have done so, but that's not the point. The point is that I remembered the conversation recently and now every time I see my legs I remember again.

And then recently she made these comments about my new athletic interest being 'butchy'.

I've known this girl my whole life, and I don't understand how someone who is pro rights for sex workers can be so completely down on women in other regards. Just because you feel like you have to have smooth legs 24/7 doesn't mean people who choose not to are pretending to be feminists so they don't have to shave their legs. And being an athletic female doesn't require one to be 'butchy' or 'built like a man'. Just. ... Head desk. We have clearly changed since childhood.

I'm going to go study now. So many tests. So far behind. Why can't I stop thinking about useless things and focus.
Maybe she's not a real friend. Because a real friend would understand you not having time to shave your legs and a real friend would say "You go and grab life by both hands and shake the living crap out of it and enjoy every second."

Oh and you are procrastinating, just like I am because I'm going to have to scrap 70,000+ words I've written on a new story and start from scratch, because I'm reworking the entire thing - which just feels like a whole lot of hard work right now, and I'm too friggin' over everything to be assed.

There are times when my shaving my legs actually makes the headlines in this house. I'll show my shaved legs to Mr bat and he'll say something like "Well I was getting pretty close to calling in the loggers to deforest those legs of yours."

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote