View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 02:21 AM   #23
Mr E Nigma

No mention of the Infinity Ward / Activision problem?

I Don't Need Eyes, haha, Black Ops needs to actually come out for people to buy it.

I hope Infinity Ward gets everything they sue Activision for. It'll put a giant hole in any COD plans Activision has had and will probably screw over Treyarch (Which is the company that puts out all the shit COD games like WAW and COD3)

Apparently Activision owes Infinity Ward a lot of bonus money from MW2 sales and they also owe Infinity Ward the intellectual Property to the Modern Warfare franchise and they will own they licensing properties for any Modern Warfare related game or any COD game that takes place in non-WWII eras and anything chronilogically after vietnam.

I guess we'll see what happens in June though.

But if Infinity Ward does win, it'll mean Treyarch will have to ask their permission to release Black Ops.

Also just a fun fact, After COD4, Infinity Ward wanted to stop making COD games and start a completely new franchise, but Activision made that deal above which apparently they ended up breaking (which is partly why they are getting sued) Activision supposedly held thousands of dollars in bonuses so their employees wouldn't leave and would stay and make a MW3, which they were completely against making. Now most of the Infinity Ward group has gone over with the 2 heads of Infinity Ward who got fired and started their own company "Respawn Entertainment."

Good times.