View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 09:27 AM   #138
Empty_Purple_Stars

Blushing,

My sources were Mothers and Sisters I met in Tijuana who unfortunately were able to relate firsthand to me that this is happening. All of them had watched their sons be recruited by the Army and promised Citizenship after an initial 2 year tour. All of them returned home in a body bag and the families were given nothing. Not even the respect of a military burial. They also stated that the soldiers involved spent less than 30 days in training before they were shipped overseas. Two were sent to Irag, one to Afghanistan.

I suppose there is the possibility that they were lying, but it's really hard to fake that kind of Bottomless Grief and Rage..

I also have tried to find information online that outlines how this is possible, and really didn't come up with much.

I finally concluded that this must be one of those things that is simply 'happening' that the Legislature is turning a blind eye too, because Enlistment numbers are down so dramatically.

I'm sorry I can't offer a source, all I can offer is first person testimony of what they told me.

Please don't think I am belittling your contribution, or the contribution of any of the men and women doing their part in any and all branches of the US Military.

I just think it's heinous the way this particular situation is being handled.

At the very least these guys deserve the same training our boys get, and military benefits for their families if K.I.A.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote