View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 10:26 AM   #557
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
Two nights ago Iw as asked out by a 35 year old. I didn't realize howold he was when he asked, so I considered it (which was a mistake, since I know that hte only men who wantme are hte ones who could be my father), and I was a little freaked out at the thought.

So I came home at one inhte morning, and had my former boyfriend's siter tell him to get his arse on AIM so I could talk to him.

Which he did.

Now, since he asked for somespace, we haven't talked about anything buthte superficial,because neither of us wants to talk about howw e really feel,forone reason or antoher. I can't speakfor him, but I know that I dont'w ant to presure him to come back tome, and lose him altogether.

So I apologized first, and then asked him if he intended to ever pick our relationship up again. Because he said when he asked for space that he would, but he also said that he loved me very much the day before he told me that he wasn't sure if he loved me anymore, and he'd said that he wanted to be firends, still, even though we don't work as friends anymore, and we both know it.

But, anyway, I thought it best to ask what he intended to do, because I'm sitll very much in love with him, and need to change that if he's not going to return the feeling, or if he does, then I'llwait.

So he said that he did intend to ask emtocome back,ifiwanted to,once he's fund a good job. Appatrntly his current employment situation makes himtoo stressed out to handle talking to me, since I tend to be very stressed as well, and need to talk about it to feel better, and tend to talk abou it with him more than anyone else. I guess it'd be hard for anybody tolisten tosoemne, even someon they love, whine so much.

But anyway, that made me happy the next day, for the first time since we broke up.

Up until the point the 35 year old who asked me out calledme.

At which point i was angssting over what todowith that situation.

And everyone at work has a bad attitude, especially the girl I always work with, Sherry. Our manager put in his two week's notice, so he doesn't give a damn, and nobody's happy to be employed at McDonalds.

And the 35 year old wanted to talk to me on my one break of the night.

So I somehow managed tonot kill anyone or cry until my break later that night. I told the guy I couldn't go out with him because he's twice my age, and, honestly, we can't even talk to each other.

Soworkwent on as usual, except the guy had work that night, so he hung out inthe dining room the whole time.

And that's been my weekend.

Bit more eventuful than usual. Shall have to get my old job back. Answering the phoens was a lot easier than this crap, and at least the 30+ year olds who want to get some barely legal booty were more interresting.

This is probbal the longest post I've ever made.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote