Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 10:49 AM   #4326
Ben Lahnger

Well, no flames from these quarters. I'm just glad you're still here, and show up HERE from time to time. You definitely make this place more interesting than if you weren't here.

My rant is that I am having a freakin' frustrating time fighting my dog's flea infestation. I had done so many things - flea shampoo, flea collars (which I've since read are useless), flea drops, flea sprays, carpet vacuuming and treatment - and he keeps getting them again. The shampoo and spray are both effective for a few days but it appears that he's bringing fleas in again from outdoors. The drops are not effective, and I read that the cheaper brands use a chemical called Permethrin that is actually pretty good against ticks but really doesn't do diddly to stop fleas. So I've spent a lot of money and I'm back to square one.

Today I'm giving him a bath with the flea shampoo. Then I'm going to apply Advantage drops after doing extensive research. Then tomorrow he and I are going somewhere else for a bit while I fog the apartment. And that should fix it for the moment. The Advantage should keep the outdoor-indoor traffic to a minimum, and eventually I hope to treat the areas where I walk my dog with Nematodes.

It's like having to fight a fucking war. Dangit!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote