Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #7065
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Some of us miss you too.
I concur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
The property itself was a functioning plantation back in the early 1700's but it became a resort in the 80's and was purchased by DRI just a few years ago (I think four years ago but I'm not 100% sure). I work at the Historic Powhatan Resort but our sister resort Greensprings is newer and better maintained (although our Activities department is way better).
Judging by the looks of the picture and activities list it seems as if it was better off in the late 80s/early 90s.

Though I do like the looks of the menu. Such as the tiger prawns with smoked gouda grits(it sounds like an entree I had in Lafayette), or the apricot glazed quail, perhaps with a side of white truffle potato au gratin.

What do you think of the game room? how is your activities department better? and how far is the rail station?(if I were to stay there I feel like I would want to take the rare opportunity to use rail travel:P)

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote