Thread: Boston Bombing
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #25
Murder.Of.Crows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
I don't follow - this is pretty clearly an act of terrorism, particularly the whole violence targeting / disregarding the safety of non-combatants (ie people at a frigging race). Is it politically motivated? Religious? Who knows, it is a mystery! Still terrorism.

If it's state sponsored terrorism, that could be a different matter. Assuming nobody slips this guy some polonium-210 or whatever the current political assassination coctail of choice is these days we might even find something out. That is rather unlikely. If it turns out to be the case, it's a legitimate reason for war.

I'm glad they weren't observant, several of the devices they built failed to go off. Better attention to detail and they* could have hurt more people or possibly even gotten away with it.

*Allegedly, since not convicted or whatever.
Actually, thats what I was trying to state. There is no indication that this was an attack to achieve a statement. Political or religious. Until otherwise stated, i don't see a difference between this and a school shooting. Which are acts of extreme violence, not terroism. The entire reason i'm avoiding calling this a terroist attack is, because people generally assume it's a group attacking us. And we must grsb our guns and kill the group before they do it again. Individual acts of violence aren't viewed the same way. We right them off as loony and forget it after a few months. I really don't like the idea of people panicking about terroist attacks and jumping for their rifles.