View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #59
6SixSick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashsunglasses View Post
Ok, to expand on my views:

I think this kind of passive aggressive behavior is immature and if the article was the other way around, say if Americans were the ones being passively aggressive against Europeans... everyone would be all over Americans for being "arrogant". But somehow people think it's OK to behave this way if it's America that's the target. I think we'll never be able to open rational dialog until people grow up and act like rational adults.
But people don't act rational when it comes to politics. Just look at any democrat-republican rally or candidate show on your TV networks to here completely irrational behaviour and language.
In the UK in prime minister question time the ministers all shout at each other across the room in shocking displays of antagonism because they feel so strongly about it.
Politics = life for so many people and ultimately the Europeans may be thinking who's next, will it one day be us? But who knows until I do some quite heavy statistcal surveys of each european country and correlate the date I will never know.
But it seems to me you are saying if people want to have a pop at America they are irrational?
Does it mean that America for instance is being irrational for renaming french fries freedom fries or calling them surrender monkeys etc?
If it makes you feel better as an American as well I can assure you that most Europeans snipe their neighbouring countries far far more than the states.
Are we rational for liking America but irrational for critising its foreign policy??
and lastly tell me do you equate yourself as an individual human being with everything your government does?? I don't equate myself with my home city, England the UK Europe etc cause I ultimately know governments don't give a shit about me just as yours doesn't give a shit about you.
Don't equate europeans disliking what your government gets up to with diskliking you and you'll be ok

Peace
6SixSick is offline   Reply With Quote