Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #7179
ape descendant

Lately its been one thing after another. So many family issues, just tumbling out like a waterfall, somethings good, some bad.

A close family member of mine is dying slowly, painfully, shrinking and shutting down. It is hard to see one of the kindest, smartest and vigorous people I've ever known slowly fade away never to be seen again. It is hard to watch his spouse go through this with him.

Another is dealing with an emotionally abusive relationship. The ups and downs of which are rather tough to go along with even vicariously. To see her slowly isolated, shamed and broken down by some one she loves so much when that person doesn't even seem to think of her as a human being in her own right. But of course she doesn't see it, not fully, not yet how bad does it have to get before she'll get up and truly stand up for herself?

One of the little ones has been dealing with bullying in school, not only from other kids but from certain adults as well. I am unsure how to help, as he's a little socially awkward and has his own disabilities that aren't apparent from looks alone.

A close member of my family came out to me as transgender, which was weird at first but now I'm rather happy for her and quite supportive. The hard part is seeing how others have treated her differently since then. I've been pleasantly surprised by some of our folks' reactions and unpleasantly surprised by others.

The combination of everything together has been wearing me out to the point of exhaustion. I know some of these things will get better, unfortunately some of these things won't get better, but instead will end in death and mourning.

Ah, it is nice to just get it out and off my chest.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote