View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #268
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Okay. Now can you please tell me:

1) Why mentioning the progress in the civil rights movement is part of your argument that currently wealth has a bigger impact then race on PoC if you can't describe how it effects the current impact of race on PoC

2) Why the fuck you can compare racism with ANYTHING if your evidence about it's current state is, by your own fucking admission, beyond your understanding.
1. It was in part a response to Saya's webcomic that seemed to be retort to my own tongue in cheek post about generational wealth. It was to affirm that yes, things used to be very bad. I posted a small list of protected classes to show that there are clear differences between the world 2 or 3 generations ago and the current one.

2. Factors such as access to education opportunities and jobs can be withheld based on financial means, in very direct ways. Factors like credit score or immediate vicinity property values in the case of ownership. That doesn't even have to pretend be subtle or insidious, it is out and proud - you get a flat out no because one's economic standing isn't up to par. (really interesting filter here)
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote