Thread: Rant Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 04:37 AM   #1778
Cruel Intentions

I may annoy (or blatantly piss off would be more accurate) a lot of people with this but it is a rant none the less.

God. Yeah, him. After much looking into the Christian Bible, I have concluded that God is a selfish, power crazed, sybarite (someone who delights in excessive luxury).

My argument is as follows:

When Adam and Eve were commanded not to eat from the tree of knowledge, it was to stop them from threatening God's position. When they did God kicked them out. His words were "They are like us". Now, "us" suggests that there is more than one super-being out there and the later comand to Moses and the Israelites "worship no God other than me" shows his power craze.

When mankind later began construction of the tower of Babel, God's supreme authority was threatened so he knocked it down and confused the languages. Thanks, we now have racism as a result of that.

Lucifer. Oh Lucifer, I'm not denying that Lucifer was a bad egg but he threatened God's power and was banished. Does God not preach love and forgiveness? Slight cock-up when you throw your best mate out into hell isn't it? Before anyone argues against that, Lucifer was God's brightest anger so more or less his best mate. Again, he felt thrreatened and went nuts about it. The only thing that would have been better had Lucifer won is that we wouldn't have a hyppocritical God. Lucifer was openly honest about his dark side right from the beginning.

If God lives in heaven then he's certainly got the life of luxury. Not much to argue about that point.

Also, after God flooded the world (at the time of Noah), he promised never to destroy the world again. He just did the next best thing instead and started levelling cities such as Midia and Babylon.

Another of God's great lies: he claims that he loves us all and will readily forgive us all (yes, I have touched on this briefly already). Then we must cleary have misunderstood his intentions about Jezebel. Jezebel was a prostitute, plain and simple. God's exact words were, and I quote "I will strike her children dead." Gee, thanks! Your forgiveness was really felt there.

Anyway, like I said, I find it hard to believe that God is the all-loving, all-forgiving goody-too-shoes he claims to be.

Hence my signature. I would rather rule hell than be a slave in heaven.

"I would rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun..." - Billy Joel