View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #37
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Exactly. A trans woman that defends herself within the confines of the law isn't going to have the same right to defend herself regardless. As you already said, AshleyO, the system is against some people no matter what they do. What I want to know is if you think that bucking authority, and thereby sealing their fate, is really a defense.
I do want to come back to this for a second. Because my last post was really long winded and I tried replying to both you and Saya at the same time.

There's only one thing that I can think of that makes self defense viable for the oppressed and that is either an army that defends the oppressed where the oppressed are necessarily the members of that army (but at that point, our country would be hot for revolution anyway) and the oppressed allies.

But being that that's the most unlikely thing to happen, the fast and easy solution is of course full disarmament across the board of the population with more outreach about the plight of America's minorities.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote