View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #1633
Godslayer Jillian

Fuck yes! Though it wasn't today rather than the past two days, I have to talk about it.
I went to Albuquerque with two friends. We went to Mark Rudd's place (former leader of the Weather Underground) to have a barbecue. It feels so nice to walk into a radical legend's house and be greeted with a hug and a smile. His place is awesome! It's just like I'd imagine my dream house, a little wooden piece of paradise with a big garden.
Then we went downtown for the primary reason we went to Albuquerque: an Anti-Flag concert. We saw the drummer in the street and told him about Mark Rudd, because one of my friends had met him before, and the drummer likes Mark Rudd but has never met him, and although they couldn't go see him that day, she promised him she'll give them Mark's contact information, and we assured him he'd be as excited to meet them as they'd be about meeting him (he's a fan of Anti-Flag)
Then we went into the concert, and it was actually considerably empty (I mean, you could actually breathe)
Next day we find an awesome thrift shop, and now I have a new jacket, a biker's jacket, and a friend and I almost fought over a Bob Dylan shirt, but we decided to share it.
Oh, and I gave some anarchist zines to Mark Rudd and to Anti-Flag and the rest to the merch guy so that he could give them out freely.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote