Thread: Gun free zones
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #101
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly View Post
What do you want me to say, Versus?

Thank you so much for joining the military to support yourself, and then fighting a war I don't support while spending my tax money to support you. Thank you so much for making poor life decisions and then expecting everybody else to make up for it. Thank you for joining the military and then crying about all the terrible things they made you do.

I know I have no idea the horrors you must have seen but you need to understand that I nor anybody else forced you to join. You knew the risks involved, and you knew that we were in war time.

So, what, you're mad because I don't think you deserve any more than a respectful nod from me? The people who you have directly influenced owe you resepct. The people you have helped keep safe overseas owe you something. I don't owe you anything. I respect you for being far more brave than myself, but beyond that, I don't owe you shit.
I didn't ask you for shit.

Quote:
You did.
Because I am a victim.

Quote:
All I said is that I don't have to shower you with praise and glory because of your choices that don't affect me in the slightest.
Seriously. I didn't ask you for shit. I'd actually get mad if you tried to shower me with praise and glory. See this thread for proof.My choices didn't effect you, but your choices effect me every day.

Quote:
I mentioned the tax dollars thing as a small aside, while 'thanking' Versus,
Bullshit. That entire beginning statement was dripping with sarcasm and insincerity, and now you're trying to back pedal like it was genuine?

Quote:
and now you're trying to make it out like I've been bitching about it the entire time. You're trying to divert attention away from the whole argument by pointing out that one, tiny little thing.
Oh. So you dismissing our experience and making yourself out to be the victim in this is a pet issue, huh? How rude of us. Nobody would be outraged by that at all!

Quote:
No, I don't like the fact that my tax dollars are being used to fund this war. I'm not taking that back. I'm saying that is just a single piece of corn on the shit that is this argument, and you're blowing it out of the water.
It's small and insignificant to you, but for you to bring it up is like a slap in the fucking face to us. We're completely right to be pissed.

Quote:
My whole point was that taxes isn't that big of a deal.
It is a big deal.

Quote:
I've also admitted, several times actually, that I could never handle war and that I don't know what it's like out there.
I'll bold every instance where you render that statement insincere and false with contradictions up to thisa point.

Quote:
Thank you so much for joining the military to support yourself

Thank you so much for making poor life decisions

and then expecting everybody else to make up for it.

I nor anybody else forced you to join.

You knew the risks involved, and you knew that we were in war time.

So, what, you're mad because I don't think you deserve any more than a respectful nod from me?

The people who you have directly influenced owe you resepct.

The people you have helped keep safe overseas owe you something.

Fixed that for ya, buddy.

I SAW SOME SHIT" card.

by pointing out that one, tiny little thing.

I'm saying that is just a single piece of corn on the shit that is this argument
Quote:
You talk about poor and colored people being forced to join the military? I've lived my entire life in Elizabethton, Tennessee. Look it up. We have a dinky little population, and very few businesses. My family has no money, and I spent a shit load of my life in government houses because the best job my mom could find was mcdonalds. I managed to not join the military.
Yes. Because being poor for you is exactly the same as being a person of color or being poor for other people.

Quote:
But I'm not going to get in to that with you. You are convinced that I am the bad guy, and that I owe you and Versus something. You claim I'm putting words in his mouth, but you're putting words in mine.
You don't owe us shit but the time it takes you to listen to us and understand how fucking wrong you are.

Quote:
Don't talk to me like I'm some priviledged kid who's parents left them a million dollar trust fund.
Then stop acting like one.

It was your choice to join the military. No matter how you spin it, that was your choice. Don't blame anybody for it.

Don't fucking tell us how to respond to something you have no fucking understanding of.

Quote:
Stop saying that I think it's a travesty that I have to pay taxes to fund your war. I think that the war shouldn't even be happening. When I said what I said, I was reminding Versus of the fact that I don't owe him shit but I'm giving it to him any way.
You're not giving me anything but a crash course in anger management.

Quote:
You fucking people are only a step below entitled rich kids, the only difference being you had to do and witness horrible things, instead of being given everything. The thing is, nobody owes either groups anything at all.
This is my favorite.
Quote:
By the way, before you even start, no, I don't think all veterans are pieces of shit, just the ones who come back who cause huge scenes screaming at coffee shop waitresses who fucked your order up because you FOUGHT FOR THEIR FREEDOM! The ones I despise are the ones who rub it in everybody's faces that they went to war, and expect super special treatment and rolling out the red fucking carpet every time they walk down the street.
Straw man, much? Thanks for the stereotype, brother.

Quote:
Get over yourselves. The veterans who get my respect, who make me proud to know that they are representing us in other countries, are the ones who treat non-military people with a hint of fucking decency.
So, I want to ask everybody who reads this to be honest: Have you ever seen me discriminate somebody because they were never in the military?

Quote:
So, cease fire?
Fuck you. I wish I could just walk away from oppression when it makes me angry still pretend that I'm not privileged for it.

By the way, the gun argument is still in your court from page 3. You're free to respond to it.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote