Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #7133
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Can you just disarm the alarm? I know that with some cars the alarm is always on as long as all of the doors are locked (or in some cases as long as the driver's door is locked) but in mine the alarm does not engage if I lock the doors using the key, it only engages if I use the button or if the lock is already on when I close the door.
Not at the time, no. The army really frowns upon stopping training for personal issues. Case in point, when my wife tried to kill herself when I was in the field for a month a few years ago, they wouldn't let me leave to see her. I think the only time I've actually done it was when I was point man during the movement up to an objective. I stepped on a cactus that went through my boot and into my heel that was so painful words cannot convey it. I sucked it up until we were at a short halt and asked a buddy to watch my sector while I tried to pull it out, but I needed help getting my boot off because of all the shit I was wearing. Pretty embarrassing, that.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote