View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 06:50 PM   #7
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre View Post
I haven't seen the device used to leave the marks, I've only seen the marks left and read the interviews with the children who had the marks left on their arms. I do have a question, though- if you can't control where the sparks go, but can control it enough to make an X shape, please tell me how that stops you from making a cross shape?

As for his religion being an issue- he's a science teacher, not a religious studies teacher. He is paid to teach science, and the teaching of Intelligent Design is not sanctioned as scientific principle, nor is teaching of any faith system in schools sanctioned under US law. What with the pasting the ten commandments on the walls of a science classroom, the insisting on teaching intelligent design instead of actual science, etc, he's hardly a secular or unbiased source of scientific information. He's not sound as a teacher. And he's certainly not sound if he's actively, knowingly and repeatedly burning the kids under his care.
This is a giant Tesla coil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-AS13fl30

You dont have to control it very much at all to make an x, all you need are two non parallel angled sparks. I dont need to tell you the odds of two random lines not being parallel.

But like this article said this is a religious community, and they didnt mention any complaints to his teaching of such things. The only thing Christian related about this crime is the claim that those marks are crosses.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote