Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #8515
Lilyth Von Gore

Yes, well, there is nothing more aggrivating and heartbreaking than the people who raised you pretending that you were never assaulted by someone you trusted. And what's more, acting like I'm over exaggerating everything. I've come a long way, yet they have made the process of recovery a damn sight more difficult than it should have been. I've just come out of the shock stage, so everything that happened is making me super sensitive to everything. Panic attacks, anxiety up the jaxxy, low mood and mood swings. I've tried explaining to them why I'm like this. I even reckon that I may have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) because I've got all the symptoms, and my support worker reckons so too. Yef when I mention the possibility to my Grandparents, they call me a hypochondriac. They're worse than ATOS! And that's saying something! Never mind that I've been diagnosed with P.T.S.D and Clinical Depression...
And they just assume that I'm okay with shit when I am so very clearly not, and have the balls to whinge when I protest. Like there was an interview with a victim of sexual assault on the tv. I couldn't listen to it, and I asked if I could mute it. My Grandparents rather begrudgingly agreed, as if it was a great inconvenience. I am so fucking sick of their bullshit! I swear, I don't know what I can do if my support worker can't get through to them... more than once have I broken down into tears because of them and the immense pressure they are putting on me to " get over it". I already told them that taking away my control over this is NOT going to fix me. Funny how they oh-so-conveniently forget every fucking time they do it!

Pardon me while I go fucking cry myself to sleep. Again.
Lilyth Von Gore is offline   Reply With Quote