Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #1892
Jaye Jang

Okay, my rant for the day. I woke up sick this morning. Yuch! Since I work in a hospital, I cannot go in to work due to the H1N1 (swine flu) freakout. (It's kind of a dam*ed if you do dam*ed if you don't situation. If I go in I get written up for coming in sick and if I don't I get written up for an 'unexcused absence'). Yaay. I'm screwed. I tried to get up and get ready anyway, just in case this was just a passing thing. Not a good game plan. I jammed my toes on the shower so hard I almost broke a few. I figured, if I can't even climb into the shower without hurting myself, climbing into my car and driving to work without hurting someone else is not an option. So, I had to call my boss (who was planning to write me up anyway, on general principles, and was happy to hear that I had just added more 'fuel to her fire') and I made the cheerful discovery that my normally deep (I sing contralto) voice came out like Beaker on The Muppet Show. I'm sure she was REALLY impressed. So, my job is probably 'history', if not outright 'toast.'

However, even though life has handed me a lemon, *sniff, sniff* I will NOT go out into the desert and slice my wrists with a dull spoon -- not even in proper Goff fashion (i.e. using a soup spoon for maximum effect -- preferably black, preferably plastic, and preferably recyclable-- right?). Since suicide is 'a very permanent solution to a very temporary problem' (I cooked that little gem up, myself. Aren't I just good?), I will, instead, crawl back into bed with my little drawing pad and console myself with drawing pix of some of the more interesting denizens of Gnet -- like say, AsylumVoid. That is while I still have a bed. 'nuff said. (I'm rambling. You'd think I was sick or something).

BTW -- Ben, I agree with you on the whole 'balloon hoax' thing. That was sooo lame.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote