View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #4220
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
I'm doing a B.Comm and an arts degree. I'm thinking accounting for my business focus, Psychology for the major, and not sure on the minor right now.

I have to figure out which language I want to do. Either German because it's pretty, or French because I already know so much of it. Also need to see which research course seems the most interesting.
I hear German is pretty good for business, and French will give you an advantage in Canada, but the downside is everyone I know doing French says the department sucks.

Do you mean the research/writing courses you need for a BA? I did the intro philosophy course which is a lot of fun, and Religious Studies: Christianity from the Reformation to the Present. That one was a lot of work but I really liked the prof.

Way back when I first went to school I also did the Folklore class (structure was different though), and its not bad for research writing, its just that you have to do a lot of interviews and such for it, which sucks if you're given a topic and you don't know anyone who can relate to it. I ended up not passing, heh. The History ones sound pretty good, I dropped a History course last year though because he wanted us to start writing RIGHT AWAY, and I still had to wait for my student loan to buy the book, which the journals were supposed to be based on.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote