View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 01:50 PM   #8
Betrothed2Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
hahahahaha! too true, although i doubt the day will ever come where the military would need to hold a bake sale - nor would i want the country's defense to rely on such crude measures as aunt b's chocolate chip cookies.

if schools were allowed to teach history the way history actually occurred though, instead of the watered-down bullshit they spew nowadays in order to NOT OFFEND people, betrothed2death would already have a decent understanding of the how's and why's of america.

good show, laddy.

and betrothed - http://www.house.gov/house/Educate.shtml

browse that page for a while.
Thanks, will do.

And I know that they water down history and it really aggravates me. Especially how all the accounts are biased and we spend two years learning American history in schools now. Well, actually more than two years but now it's MANDATORY to have at least two years. At least in NJ. Ugh. I don't see how they can do that anyway. If France can fit the entire French history into a year, we should be able to fit US history into 1/2 a year since this country has only been around for, what, two hundred years?!? I'd much rather learn world history at any rate. More interesting to me.
But, I'd still like to learn a bit more about this government system too since what they teach over two years' worth of American History STILL doesn't cover what I'm wondering.

Btw, really random but have any of you seen American History X? Typing American History over and over made me think of it haha.

Thanks, again.

~Gaia<3
Betrothed2Death is offline   Reply With Quote