View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004, 08:31 PM   #102
Loy

So a few used bookstores are having sales as we speak, and I've been going crazy for the past week or so, and I've gotten....

"A Moment Of True Feeling"/"Left Handed Woman" by Peter Handke

"The Tomb" and other Tales by H.P. Lovecraft (I'm re-reading his stuff to see if I can get soemthing for use in adapting Michael Gira's "The Consumer" for screen. Normally, I loathe Lovecraft, but well see how I feel afterwards)

"In Dubious Battle" by John Steinbeck (which is my call for Steinbeck's best work...and yes, I have read "Of Mice And Men", "The Grapes Of Wrath", and "Tortilla Flat")

"The Zap Gun" by Philip Dick (working through his stuff, which there never seems to be enough of)

"Delicate Prey" by Paul Bowles (collection of short stories by Mr Bowles)

"My Sister's Hand In Mine" by Jane Bowles (every god-damned thing the woman ever wrote)

"Selected Essays And Notebooks" and "The Fall" by Albert Camus ("The Fall" is my favorite Camus novel, and I also love Camus' essays)

"The Call Of The Toad" by Gunther Grass (I'm a fan of Grass's vicious satire, and this is one of the few of his works I've yet to read all the way through)

"Anectodes Of Destiny And Ehrengard" by Isak Dinesen (I always swore I'd read more Dinesen...hopefully the translotor of this one is better than the translator of the last Dinesen book I read)

"The Sybil" by Par Lagerkvist (I'm rereading it to see if I can love more than how the story made me feel...and to see if this translator's better than the last one)

a whole bunch of Alberto Moravia (who I seem to like less and less the older I get....I re-purchased "Ghost At Noon" and "The Conformist" and got around to getting "Woman Of Rome", "The Fetish", and "Bitter Honeymoon") and a whole bunch of William Faulkner (whome I starting to love more and more the older I get...I got "Absalom, Absalom", "Pylon", "The Sound And The Fury", "Spotted Horse"/"Old Man"/"The Bear", and "Sanctuary")