Thread: darkmartin
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 04:36 PM   #1
darkmartin82

darkmartin

as this is the part to get introduced, I will introduce myself.
The questions though are hard to answer in fullness but I will try

As my name implies I am not very imaginative, nor do I have the courage to take something a bit more bold. My name says it all, I’m just me, nothing more, or less.

My name is martijn, martin for short and easy use, and I live in the Netherlands.
I’m a 23 year old student at a maritime institute following a major in “maritime operations”, meaning I’ll be an officer aboard a merchant ship.

My favorite authors at the moment are Tolkien (not for lord of the rings but the silmarillion), and Collin Dexter, writing the “c.i. Morse stories”. Though you may not like him for the subject, he uses the English language brilliantly.
As of jet I am to be introduced to something else that fits my taste.

My favorite bands are numerous, among them, cradle of filth, ayreon, stratovarius, golden earing, lots of classical (not the operas) nightwish, system, sonata arctica, and a lot of others, though it mostly is relative too mood.

Favorite films is harder, for most of the films I see are not worth serious viewing.

The discovery of heaven
Once upon a time in mexico
El mariachi
Desperado
Both of the kill bill movies
Black hawk down
Last samurai

About my marriage I haven’t planned any jet, and the music choice not mine alone.

The way of my demise is hard to predict, by accident I could have been killed in my training period on a container vessel. I hope to live long and healthy and I will probably die for not going to the doctor for small things that turn out big.

If I have to die aboard a ship the captain is obliged to take me ashore for investigation, after which I am not sure what will happen. If I die when I am old (which I hope), I will be cremated, and that answered the coffin question.

And as I am gone the music does not bother me, if I needed to make a statement, I should have made it earlier.

The thing I miss from my childhood, I don’t know, living by the day would be it I think.

My favorite cloths are black/ dark blue army pants (for their use and durability) dark blue/ black/ red sweatshirt (or shirts) and army boots for the same reason as the pants.

The reason for joining,
Hoping to find interesting discussions with intelligent people with an opinion. And finding now books and movies

I hope I have been clear,
martin
darkmartin82 is offline   Reply With Quote