View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 03:15 AM   #1
CrimsonPythonidae

Humans, instincts and working girls dilemma.

Hi all, hope you're well. It's been some time since I've been here but thought I'd drop by to ask for some info, or even insight if anyone has any to offer.

I was discussing human "instinct" earlier with a friend and they were... I don't know how to word this so I'm just going to give it a go and try not to ramble, hopefully you get the idea.

They were trying to suggest that pro st itu tes are a good thing to have around not only for lonely men or disabled people etc, but also to help lower the instance of men sexually abusing women out of an instinct for sex. I'm not entirely convinced that a man who would r@ pe someone would decide not to and go see a worker instead. I have my doubts about that being an instinct that left unfulfilled would result in that kind of consequence. Or maybe it would be? I have done a couple of google searches (got some stuff relating to humans not having instincts which was partly helpful) but not really enough so I was hoping someone here may be able to direct me to some reliable sources. Or fill me in if you know anything.

I'm guessing social sciences, sociobiology and/or psychology or something? I haven't really studied anything like that and it's mostly to satisfy my curiosity really.
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote