View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 05:41 PM   #248
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
And to further that example, it is something that most people would argue isn't a mentally healthy choice...

- unless you have a terminal illness - we might not agree with euthanasia, but we can understand someone not wanting to die a painful and degrading death.

- and perhaps if you develop some sort of condition that may not be terminal but that is going to mean that you will have no quality of life - we might not agree with it, but we can understand someone not wanting to live a painful and degrading life.

Which then raises the question why it is ok for someone with a physical illness to make that decision, but if someone with a mental illness wants to decide the same thing it is seen as a invalid choice?

...that's probably for a different thread, though.
And to apply this to murder, no one was blaming mental illness with the shooting at the Sikh Temple. We heard he was a Neo-Nazi, and we were all pretty much like "oh, well, that explains it." because its a senseless mass murder, but we know that if one accepts Nazism, this is the logical conclusion of that set of beliefs.

I don't think everyone who is pro-life is psychotic or mentally ill defacto even though their push to criminalize abortion would kill women, nor do I think those that target abortion doctors insane because I know that is the natural conclusion to the logic that abortion is murder.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote