View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 01:20 AM   #27
Pineapple_Juice

Ugh, just wrote a huge blabbering essay about this and deleted it. I just really hate guns and find it difficult to remain objective.

I think the rules about who should be allowed guns should be stricter. Not denying it to those with mental illness as a blanket catchall, but definitely to those with violent tendencies and to those who are prone to excessively irrational thought processes who are out of touch with reality for long periods of time, people with a history of certain types of drug use/alcoholism, ex-felons with histories of violent crime, etc.

I also think all gun purchases should have a very, very long waiting period and that in order to purchase one, a license must be procured through classes and competency tests on proper gun usage and safety precautions.

I don't even want to really get into the assault rifle crap because nobody needs a fucking assault rifle.

I don't know. The likelihood of a weapon being used for defending your home at any point after its purchase vs the likelihood of it being used recreationally/killing 20 babies at a school/drug, booze or rage-filled killings/gang violence/accidents where kids find your shit is pretty low.

I dunno, man. I just fucking hate guns.