View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #1
KontanKarite

Helping suggestions for those who get heckled

Lately and over time, I've noticed a trend of young goths and spooky kids who complain about getting heckled by the masses. Most of the time, I think it's safe to assume that they get picked on because of how they look and then continue to get picked on by how they act or behave.

What this thread is for is to conjure up some creativity amongst the members to come up with ideas that can still be a fashionably dark aesthetic without putting said fashionista in a pigeon hole of ridicule and mockery.

From my experiences, the more "evil" one looks, the more mockery is bestowed on them. I have come to realize that outlandish fashion isn't so much looked down on as it's more about what kind of message you're really conveying in said image.

So come up with some ideas on how to be "outlandish" that's original or actually unique, or state some things that you've found doesn't help you when you try to look different, but it incites friction amongst the laymen.

What I've found is jewelry. Pentacles, especially upside down ones, will cause people to think you worship satan.

So what about you guys? Maybe this could become a thread of "gothic" dos and suggested "gothic" don'ts.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote