View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #52
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
Hey Saya, you seem to be pretty knowledgeable of comic books. Do you know of any comics with a transgender main character. I would kind of love that right now. Need something that will cheer me up. Or, i should just get a cat... yeah... kitty
Sadly, there's slim pickings for trans* characters.

Ystin in Demon Knights is trans*! Last issue he said he's both male and female, but Cornell says he's not going to clarify what was meant by that (I'm personally going with that Ystin means his gender is male, his body biologically female.), which I think is actually good. It's Ystin's business, and people should just take his word for it when he demands they use male pronouns. I was just planning to collect the series in trade but apparently he's having a romance now with the Wonder Woman stand in Amazon.

Gail Simone announced she's going to be writing a trans woman soon, I'll keep you updated as that develops.

There is also an out of print four issue miniseries called Deathwish starring a transwoman, haven't read it yet so I can't say its good, BUT apprently it was good ol' J.H.Williams III who did the art, he's the current writer/artist of Batwoman. I'm totally willing to find it and give you the word.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote