View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 11:23 PM   #500
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbreadwench
AlKilyu's CT Scan Adventure.
as told to GingerbreadWench.

Our beloved member went for a CT scan and some spinal X-rays. They injected a berilium contrast into the base of his spinal column, and tilted the table to get it to go through the entire spine. Then some X-rays, which showed curvature of the spine from (most likely) a lateral and a posterior terior view. The CT shows it from a transverse view, by take pictures of the spine by tiny 'slices,' that are put together and then can be viewed from several different views in a more detailed image than the X-rays.

He now has a hole in his spine. Awwww.

I forgot to thank gbw for this (and BEG her to return on a regular basis, come on everyone, help me out on this!) because for whatever reason I know nothing of all this, so I send the MRIs and stuff to her and EPS who know this MUCH better than I. gbw's translation of my MRI was SPOT ON! I was soooooo impressed! Looks and brains.

Also thank you Panther and Jane. ^_^

As for the test she mentioned, pain I have never experienced before. The needle puncturing your spine, you think "This is the most pain I can possibly imagine!" But they aim to please, and actually inject the hot radioactive fluid at that point! The nurse told me that the pain I am having as a result of all of my issues may be intensified once the berillium(sp?) actually hits those areas. To ensure this, they hit a button that tilts the table you are laying (on your belly) on forward. Now, your ass is partially exposed, and hot radioactive material is now flowing through your body and into the already painful parts of my upper back.

The nurse, seeing me grip the edge of the table like I am recieving e_e in the butt, offers her hand to grip, but me being the nice guy, knowing that I will crush her hand, decline the offer. They remind me to breathe, which I stop doing at times to keep from screaming. I did not utter a sound, to which the nurse called me a "tough guy". This helps the ego until your uncle has to come pick you up (not allowed to drive home at this point) tells you when he had it done, they said the same thing.

At this point you are hoping this fun won't end, after being told to lay perfectly still, full of that glowing shit they fill the Halloween sticks with while they take xrays. They know you are having fun and wheel you into another room where you are thrown onto a table that rolls you into a slightly friendlier MRI device, where again you must lay still while they take MORE pics.

So they cut into me on Tuesday and I have zero fear. I will be staying overnight and when I get home I have at least two weeks off of work.

My worry is this: EPS feels that as my best friend she must take me to my operation and wait while they do it (an hour and a half) NOT counting recovery.

The problem is she is very sick. I appriciate her wanting to be there for me during this, but again, she is sick, and I just assume she use her day off to rest in bed. I mean, I'd LOVE to have her with me, but I worry because she is so sick. If she were to stay home, I can still get a ride to and fro, and would not think less of her. She owes me nothing except for hot oral sex.

^^
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote